Monday, September 28, 2009

Ok a Lil’ about me!

The name SLK, was coined from letters of my real name Susan Edelokun Ayo -Amu, I’m from Edo State. I grew up and schooled in Lagos, had my degree at FUTA where I obtained a B.sc in Microbiology. I took to music at a very young age and was greatly influenced by Tracy Chapman, Brandy, Boyz II men, Whitney Houston and Mariah Carey.
I broke unto the mainstream in 2006 when I dropped my 1st single ‘Oju-ife lo’ which received massive airplay and rose to become a one -time Hit song for the week on Rhythm 93.7 FM.
I’ve made appearances on several shows like Rhythm un-plugged(Lagos), MTV base advanced warning, shows calabar, Abuja, lagos, etc I’m featured on UK producer Tolu Okeowo’s ‘ The perfect progression’ album recently released in the UK and I recently released ‘Darlin’ a video from my soon to be released album
Currently I’m working as a banker (yes I do find time to combine life as a banker and still do music) and putting finishing touches to my album which will hit the stands soon( please make sure you go out and get it, it promises to be totally awesome).

1 comment:

  1. I heard Darling today and I must say you have the most amazing voice!!

    ReplyDelete